Books changed me forever and they inspire me every day in ways I never could have imagined. When I open a book, the world gets very quiet and the only thing I know is the story that I am suddenly apart of. This is a combination of thoughts, musings, and ramblings about how the books I have read have taken me not only on an adventure through my imagination, but have seeped into my ordinary life and made it extraordinary.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Harry Potter Series Inspired Scarf


When I was in middle school I dsicovered Harry Potter. Prompted by my cousin Kelsey I decided to pick up the first book. I read that entire book in one day! This was a big deal because up until this point I did not read books for fun, only for school. I credit J.K Rowling as the woman that started my love of reading because she wrote a story that captured my heart from the beginning and would not let go. Harry Potter also allowed me to share moments, countless conversations, and make connections with close friends I have to this day. This book took the world of reading by storm and there is a reason why it is one of the most beloved books in the world today. Harry Potter has enchanted me for seven years now and I can't think of life without these colorful characters! And yes, my life will never be the same!

From this series I was inspired to make my own Harry Potter scarf which was the very first thing I ever croquet. After that I ended up making numerous other scarves for friends and family for the different Hogwarts houses. I was also lucky enough to go to London one summer and see Platform 9 3/4 at Kingscross Station!



Me running through the barrier!



In front of the platform with my Harry Potter scarf!




I had to make a call to Hagrid to let him know where to meet in Diagon Alley :)


No comments:

Post a Comment