Books changed me forever and they inspire me every day in ways I never could have imagined. When I open a book, the world gets very quiet and the only thing I know is the story that I am suddenly apart of. This is a combination of thoughts, musings, and ramblings about how the books I have read have taken me not only on an adventure through my imagination, but have seeped into my ordinary life and made it extraordinary.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Moon Inspired Artwork (Twilight Series)

(Bet you thought this was the actual cover. Nope! Done by yours truly in colored pencil.)


I absolutely fell in love with the Twilight Series ever since I first read them in October of 2008. Because I loved the books so much I knew I had to do some project related to the book covers because they are breathe-taking. I was inspired to do a series of three pictures of the New Moon book cover in three different mediums-oil pastels, paint, and my favorite colored pencil. Below are each of the pieces and a final picture of how I displayed them in my room. I had so much fun with this and I know I will be attempting more Twilight related projects in the future!


This is a different version from the large picture at the top with font and color differentiation. It was the done in colored pencil and believe me, it took a lot of time to find the right colors and sketch the outline. But it was so worth it in the end!


{Above}Here is the picture without the words. (Medium: colored pencil)

{Above} (Medium: acrylic paint)

{Above} (Medium: oil pastel)


{Above} And here is how I displayed them in my room!

No comments:

Post a Comment